We’ve been clocking some early morning work outs with the guys from PhD Woman lured by the promise of breakfast treats. Our favourite are these protein packed chocolate pancakes – definitely worth getting out of bed for!
50g PhD woman Chocolate Cookie Exercise Support
5 egg whites (150g)
30ml semi-skimmed milk
10g Green and Blacks cocoa
1 tsp (6g) agave nectar
1 tsp (1g) chocolate extract
1 tsp (6g) Baking powder
50g chocolate chips
- Combine the ingredients together in a bowl except the chocolate chips and mix with the stick blender or in a blender.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and drop in heaped tbsp. of the mixture to make the pancakes – each pancake should be about 7 -8 cm in diameter.
- Cook until the edges start to curl and bubbles appear.
- Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
For those of you counting your macros, each pancake contains 64kcal, 5g protein, 2g fat and 6g carbs.